Congratulations! You have been blessed with a beautiful baby and now you want the perfect photos to make that memorable moment last forever. It’s important to work with a seasoned photographer who has experience in new born photo shoots. It’s worth every penny when you realize just the right moment has been captured in time and you have it for life.
New born photos are best taken within the first week of you being home with your little one. Liz by Design photography is happy to travel to your home or have you come to the studio. In studio allows for posed sessions and Liz by Design provides props. Home photo shoots capture “lifestyle” images – candid photos.
Here are a few tips of the trade to help prepare you and your little one for their day in the spotlight:
- Keep your baby awake the hour before the photoshoot is scheduled to begin.
- Feed your baby well. If you're breastfeeding and your milk hasn't quite come in, consider formula. A full baby is a happy and sleepy baby – best case scenario for a successful photo shoot.
- Formula will keep your baby full longer, which may allow for longer periods of uninterrupted shooting time.
- Bring a pacifier if your little one will take one.
- In general, babies sleep best between 10am and 2pm, so the session will be best scheduled between those hours.
- If the session is a posed newborn session, the photo shoot can take up to 4 hours. Be sure to pack a bag to cover you and your new baby for the hours you'll be away from your home. For your convenience, here is a quick packing list:
- Plenty of food for your little one AND YOU. If your breastfeeding, you will quickly discover how ravenous it makes you, and even if you’re not - its four hours - you will probably get hungry ;)
- Bottled water for you and for your baby [if using formula].
- Extra formula – if your using it.
- Two or three extra outfits for your little one AND you. Mommy’s get peed, pooped, and spit up on.
- At least 3 burp cloths.
- Extra blanket
- Plenty of diapers and wipes
- If you are having an in-home session, make sure your home is at a comfortable [for baby so warm] temperature.
Liz by Design photography has extensive experience in new born photoshoots. If you are ready to book your session, call 678.699.2118 or contact us here.